The Management Operations Directorate, Procurement Operations Division (Code 210) is seeking highly skilled Contract Specialists to learn and apply the techniques of procurement planning, negotiation, and contract administration in support of Goddard Space Flight Center projects and programs. Vacancies exist at GSFC's Procurement Operations Division in Greenbelt, MD as well as in their Institutional Programs Office at Wallops Island, VA. Applicants should indicate their desired duty location.Learn more about this agency
- As a Contract Specialist, you will coordinate contract administration activities for a variety of contract types of varied complexity.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the contracting transactions from initiation to recommendation of award to procurement of items or services with specialized requirements.
- You will analyze the requirement, recommend revisions to the statement of work or specifications, and decide the type of contract, milestones, and acquisition plans.
- You will monitor status of contract performance, approval of progress payments, reviewing and providing recommendations on contractor proposals resulting from change orders, scheduling, problems that have arisen and proposed solutions.
- You will interpret contract provisions for contractors and for officials of the agency, and provide appropriate advice and guidance.
- You will be responsible for supporting the development of cost-related sections of complex solicitation documents, analyzing cost data and price re-determination/price order/terminations/labor and material cost, etc.
- You will evaluate bids or proposals for responsiveness to the particular solicitation and ability to perform the contract for products or services requiring analysis of fiscal soundness, production capacity, and quality control.
- You will negotiate price, contract specifications, delivery dates, incentives, and other terms and conditions.
- You will monitor contract performance and negotiation of necessary contract modifications to ensure satisfactory progress and completion of contract activities.
- You will perform contract administration activities for highly specialized procurements.
- Such activities include incremental funding, option exercises, redirection of effort, coordination of time extension, incorporation of change orders issuance of stop work orders, approval of progress payments, and final payment to the contractor.
- You will prepare timely responses to Congressional inquiries, Freedom of Information Act requests, or other sensitive correspondence.
- You will provide resolution of contracting problems through investigation, and provide advice and guidance to management on appropriate actions.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533367900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.