This position is located in the Technology, Services and Innovation,Technology Support Services Directorate, Digital Media Support Division and serves in the capacity as an IT Specialist (CUSTSPT).Learn more about this agency
The U. S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM) is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Yellow, Orange and Blue Metro lines, MARC & VRE.
NOTE: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
Introduction to Agency: USAGM is an exciting, multi-media, multi-cultural, global media agency that carries out all United States civilian international broadcasting. Our media networks complement and reinforce one another in a shared mission vital to U.S. national interests: to inform, engage, and connect people around the world in support of freedom and democracy. Our staff of dedicated professionals serve as an example of a free and independent media, bringing news, information, and relevant discussions to a weekly audience of over 278 million people worldwide in over 60 languages via radio, television, Internet, and social media.
USAGM's media networks include the Voice of America and the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti) and three grantee organizations: Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia.
The following are duties of this position at the GS-12 level. There is an opportunity to learn to perform the higher level duties and an opportunity to receive training to achieve that level. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides operational support (maintenance, system analysis, installation, troubleshooting, etc.) for all agency mission critical computer-based broadcasting equipment and systems, including hardware, software, databases, servers and workstations.
- Manages Active Directory, Network communications, and computer imaging/cloning tasks.
- Provides the broadcasting community with professional and technical training in all areas concerned with the use of broadcasting related hardware and software and with the use of the network in accomplishing broadcaster's duties and responsibilities.
- Evaluates and tests new versions and releases of digital media broadcast systems software, including various Dalet applications, PowerGold, ScheduALL and other software.
- Provides the agency with first (and occasional second) tier technical support for their computer related issues with the mission critical hardware and software, including on-the-spot problem analysis and resolution.
- Prepares and completes trouble call logs, reports, and documents.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533331500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.