Learn more about this agency
This position is in support of Surgery Service and is located at our University Drive (Oakland, PA) facility.
The VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (VAPHS) is recruiting for a BC/BE orthopedic surgeon to join our growing program. We are seeking candidates with excellent clinical skills and experience in the full range of general orthopedic care. Research support may be available for qualified individuals. Competitive salary and benefits. VAPHS is one of the largest VA healthcare systems in the United States with state-of-the-art surgical technologies and serves as the acute tertiary care referral center for a large veteran population in Western Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Expertise in total joint procedures and revisions preferable.
- Knee and Hip replacement.
- Provide comprehensive Orthopedic care services as well as follow-up care of existing conditions and management of emergency situations.
- Provides pre-operative and post-operative Orthopedic services, including hospital rounds for orthopedic patients.
- Perform Orthopedic Surgery in the Operating Room during established block times and during emergency call.
- Conduct weekly outpatient and inpatient clinics.
- Provide non operative orthopedic hospital rounds for orthopedic patients.
- Document services through appropriate notes, such as history and physical, progress notes, operative notes and discharge summaries.
- Educate Residents and students in the principles and therapy of complex and basic Orthopedic Surgery.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533321700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.