This position is a Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Director, Strategic Foresight), GS-0343-15 located in the Office of the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (OCFAO) of the International Trade Administration (ITA). The incumbent serves as Director, Strategic Foresight a component of the Office of the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent reports to the Deputy Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (DCFAO) and serves as the Director and as a Senior Advisor to the OCFAO and senior leadership on the Strategic Foresight portfolio.
The purpose of the work is to manage the strategic forecasting needs of the ITA by applying foresight methods to explore emerging trade, investment, and global competitive trends and innovative approaches to solving current and future work needs through predictive analytics based on environmental scans and foresight methodologies performed for mission-related programs. The work involves identifying and making recommendations to resolve operational problems or issues directly affecting the accomplishment of principal program or management goals and objectives.
The incumbent is delegated complete responsibility and authority to plan, schedule, carrying out major projects and to manage the full range of functions associated with the strategic foresight program. Projects include but are not limited to business process analysis, program evaluation, internal control reviews, organizational analysis and management improvement projects.
The incumbent guides the direction and execution of cross-organizational customer relationship management standards and practices to help ensure ITA executes an integrated and consistent approach across offices and units. Provides leadership in linking integrated operational strategy to digital operations, information technology development, training, resource development, and explore foresight methods on emerging trends and innovative approached to recommend and solve current /future workforce challenges.
- Leads agency-wide strategic foresight efforts in the collection, coordination, and analysis of business customer needs; evaluates implications of evolving trade and investment environment on ITA’s mission and operations. Information is used to guide the refinement and delivery of products and services across the ITA enterprise, and to inform evidence-based decision making by ITA leadership on priorities and programs.
- Identifies and makes recommendations and innovative approaches to solving current and future workforce needs through predictive analytics based on environmental scans and foresight methodologies performed for mission related programs.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, and developing a professional staff of analyst and specialist.
- Communicates in person and in writing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee, provides direct guidance to, and conducts work planning for the Strategic Foresight Office.
- Conducts mid-year and end-of-year performance reviews and recommends employees for appropriate recognition.
- Plans, distributes, and monitors work assignments; evaluates work performance and provides feedback to employees on their performance.
- Develops the ability of staff members to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
- Ensures employees with program responsibilities have appropriate backup; leverages telework and other workforce flexibilities to provide employees with work-life balance.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Management and Program Analyst GS-0343-15 positions within International Trade Administration (ITA) in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This position is also being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining (DE) vacancy number: (ITA-ADMIN-2019-0009). Applicants who wish to be considered under MAP and DE must apply to both vacancies separately. Current government employees who are selected under DEU may be required to serve a new probationary period.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533298300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.