For the Environmental Management Services Division of a VA Health Care Systems, SLC, UT. The position performs both janitorial and custodial services such as sweeping, scrubbing, and waxing floors; washing windows and walls; dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures; cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting all assigned work areas as needed. Work is performed by hand and with light and heavy-powered cleaning equipment such as scrubbers, buffers, spray-washers, and vacuum cleaners.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesAs a Housekeeping Aid you will perform a full range of light and heavy cleaning duties and routine housekeeping duties. Uses a variety of light and heavy housekeeping related equipment. Duties include cleaning wards, patient rooms, storerooms, offices, corridors, restrooms, shower rooms and other areas. Housekeeping Aids sweep, mop, scrub (machine) floors, vacuum carpets and upholstered furniture, empty waste baskets, clean light globes and venetian blinds, wash walls, windows and ceilings using small ladders, refill toilet tissue and towel dispensers and move furniture. Housekeeping Aids carry out assignments with minimum supervision.
- Using proper cleaning solutions and/or chemicals to successfully remove stains from a variety of surfaces of floors, carpet, tile, walls, etc.)
- Performs a full range of cleaning duties in office buildings, hospital wards, medical clinics, kitchen areas and operating rooms, and carries out a variety of custodial duties that involve the handling, moving, and controlling of heavy powered equipment such as industrial power scrubbers, vacuums, buffers , wall washers, steam cleaners, trash compactors and cardboard baling machines.
- Uses equipment for such tasks as waxing and polishing floors; washing walls; and vacuuming rugs.
- Removes stains from a wide variety of surfaces.
- Cleans and maintains linoleum, wood, marble, and various kinds of floor, wall, and ceiling surfaces.
- Cleans aluminum and stainless-steel items.
- Performs floor cleaning, stripping and refinishing as needed, wall washing, cleaning doors and door frames, baseboards, corners & edges, stairwells and hand rails, mirrors and glass, beds and other furniture.
- Tasks are accomplished by sweeping, dust mopping, damp and wet mopping, scrubbing, stripping, refinishing, buffing, vacuuming, shampooing, spot washing, and dusting.
- Empties trash and waste baskets, replacing liners, and then transports the trash.
- Provides restroom cleaning and sanitation.
- Transport bio-hazard waste, in a marked and approved container, to the infectious waste storage area.
- Provides operating room (OR) and surgical suite cleaning and disinfection of all moveable furniture items in the room.
- Cleans all Non-Critical-Reusable Medical Equipment (NC-RME).
- Inspects equipment for obvious damage.
Work Schedule: Various Shifts
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#:
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533276700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.