You will serve as a Systems Accountant in the Accounting Policy and Systems Division of the UNIF SRVS UNI OF THE HLTH SCI.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide assessment of new computer technologies and other means to improving productivity and efficiencies within the accounting system and ways to integrate into current or proposed system upgrades.
- You will be responsible for planning, design, revision, implementation and maintenance of an entire systems or major portions of a complex financial accounting systems.
- You will ensure that system design provide for the integrity of financial records, the required data and reporting capabilities are consistent with Standard Financial Information Structure (SFIS).
- You will develop innovative software change request and functional specifications to implement modifications and enhancements.
- You will provide analytical services to support the financial reporting of all transactions through the accounting system of Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) budget.
- You will revise accounting policies and system procedures as required.
- You will develop and promulgate financial and accounting policies, procedures, and system requirements.
- You will record and report transactions in the Financial System, the continuous evaluation of system performance, compliance and accuracy.
- You will analyze audit reports, management reports and other system indicators to develp areas of future system redesign.
- You will apply accounting principles, theories, concepts and practices in a new or novel way to solve problems where no clear precedent exist.
- You will identify specific problems requiring analysis and prepares recommendations for changing methods and practices.
- You will identify , coordinate, and resolve controversial or key issues and problems related to accounting systems design and modification.
- You will analyze and evaluate Department of Defense (DoD) procedures, policies and other issues related to financial systems.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533267900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.