This position is located in the Assistant Commandant for C4IT (CG-6), Office of C51 Program Management (C51 PMO) (CG-68), C51 Resource Management & Governance Division (CG-682), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The position is located in the Office of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Systems (C5I) Program Management (C5I PMO CG-68), C5I Resource Management and Governance Division (CG-682). The incumbent serves as a Management and Program Analyst in CG-6821. CG-6821 is responsible for oversight of the planning, programming, budgeting and evaluation process for CG-6, serving as the focal point for all CG-6 resource issues. The office serves as the CG-6 liaison to the Deputy Commandant for Resources, Resources Directorate (DCMS-8) on CG-6 Capital Planning and Investment (CPIC); financial controls, and oversight of C5I investments to ensure sound business and investment decisions, and to ensure strategic business planning within and between other Headquarters directorates
Being a Coast Guard (CG) civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Formulating, developing, recommending, and promulgating the conduct and deliverables of the USCG Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process;
- Performing analytical and evaluative tasks to support activities associated with IT Capital Planning and Investment Control governance
- Developing and reviewing sensitive information including, but not limited to, pre-decisional and/or embargoed IT budgets, workforce, and organizational changes;
- Assisting with the development of procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems, such as those designed to prevent waste, loss, unauthorized use, or misappropriation of financial resources.
- Responsible for aspects of the formulation, development, and execution of budgets and financial plans, to properly fund and meet program resource requirements.
- Performing budget execution and administration work involving the monitoring of obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of a budget with different sources and types of funding.
- Providing advice, assistance and guidance on budgeting and related information.
- Conducting analyses, reviews, and special studies of budget and/or related information.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533224700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.