The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The anticipated start date is To Be Determined.
See "Other Information" for locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE OFFICE OF ONLINE SERVICES (OLS) DIVISION? The IRS Office of Online Services was established in 2011, and is dedicated to providing and improving online (web and mobile) self-service tools to taxpayers. OLS creates high value for both the IRS and the taxpayer by continuously improving the irs.gov website and giving taxpayers "self-service" capabilities to obtain needed information and fulfill their tax obligations. The office combines online expertise, data analysis and business knowledge to conceptualize online tools and develop product roadmaps. OLS is responsible for developing handy applications such as IRS2GO (a smartphone application that lets taxpayers interact with the IRS using a mobile device) and Get Transcript (an irs.gov application that allows taxpayers to view a copy of their transcript online). Other applications include tools and calculators that help taxpayers understand and meet their tax obligations.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ANALYST DO?
As a Project/Program Manager you will be responsible for accomplishing various analytical studies and/or projects relating to substantive, mission-oriented programs of the Internal Revenue Service. You will serve as a Web Producer in the Office of Online Services. You will be responsible for ensuring that the content of IRS.gov is optimized for user experience. You will be responsible for arranging, editing and creating content for the IRS.gov website. You will be responsible for each media component, its level of contribution, and its level of quality. You must manage each project effectively to maintain a steady flow of productivity throughout the process.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensures that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Prepare recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish the project; negotiates with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Plan, coordinates and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project mission; as needed, directs the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the project.
- Establish a system to review, control, and report on project status; Monitors project status and adjusts work plans for project accomplishment.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; Prepare agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of project plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533185600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.