You will serve as a POWER SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC in the PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, UTILITIES BRANCH of NAVAL FAC ENGINEERING CMD WASH.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform assembly and installation of electrical power support systems (e.g., electrical power plants, power distribution equipment).
- You will analyze blueprints, wiring schematics, control panel diagrams, technical manuals, or manufacturer's manuals to perform adjustments and make repairs to electrical equipment.
- You will adjust cycling and synchronization of generators to meet electrical load demand.
- You will check lubricants, coolant, and battery water levels when conducting preventative maintenance.
- You will check engine performance, generator bearings, and oil and temperature gauges to determine if fuel, air, or oil filters or thermal and safety controls require replacement or adjustment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533183500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.