The primary purpose of this position is to provide engineering expertise for design, maintenance and operation of complex Mechanical, Engineering, and Plumbing (MEP) systems including utility plants, HVAC systems, HVAC Controls, piping distribution systems, medium and low voltage electrical distribution systems, lighting systems, plumbing systems and to serve as Project Officer (PO) and the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer, you will:
- Develop, implement, and administer maintenance, operations, and design and construction contracts for extremely complex and potentially dangerous research facilities.
- Specialized knowledge of the complex and unconventional nature of the mechanical electrical, plumbing, building automation and specialty systems.
- Evaluate overall project technical and cost risks in determining project contingency/management reserve estimates.
- Assist contract officer in providing technical advice on preparing and editing contract technical scope documents.
- Resolve technical specifications questions and issues brought forth by both contracting and agency personnel.
- Monitor change control issues that may potentially affect project technical , cost and schedule baselines and provide recommendations to contracting officer.
- Develop operating and maintenance instructions and criteria for equipment; prescribe procedures for conditions encountered in service and identify essential operating precautions.
- Serve as lead for identification, scheduling, and assignment of maintenance activities associated with annual lab shutdowns.
- Initiate, develop, and conduct major repair, improvement modifications, and renovation projects which are of a highly specialized nature due to the complexity of facilities design and varied program activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position at least 5% Domestic.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533126400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.