You will serve as a TECHNICIAN in the Performance Evaluation Branch; Structures and Composites Division of the Platform Integrity Department of Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The NT-4 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to the GS-11 and GS-12.
- You will support the planning, preparation, and execution of structural tests of full scale and model scale ships, submarines and structural components.
- You will support the planning, preparation, and execution of sensor installation and data acquisition efforts.
- You will support the planning, preparation, and execution of improvements to Department structural test systems and facilities.
- You will read and understand mechanical drawings, diagrams and specifications.
- You will assist with the operation and maintenance of hydraulic, pneumatic or mechanical systems.
- You will coordinate and execute experimental testing within a test facility operated by the department, off-base at contractor facilities or at-sea.
- You will follow facility Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), and have the ability to develop additional SOP's for the facility.
- You will communicate both orally and in writing with shops, technicians and project managers.
25% or less - Travel is required up to 25% time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533117300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.