This position is responsible for providing operating accounting services for the Commission, including administering accounting system to manage appropriated funds updating the proper accounts and determining the effects of financial accounting transactions on the organization's operations; and identifying, developing, and implementing accounting systems changes in response to management's requests for new information.Learn more about this agency
This is a non-bargaining position.
As the Accountant in this position, you will:
- Maintain accounting and financial systems servicing the FEC to ensure that existing systems meet all legislative, U.S. Government Accountability Office Joint Financial Management Improvement Program (JFMIP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), Treasury Department, and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) reporting requirements.
- Support financial statement audits, and prepare and respond to Prepared by Client requests and meet with external auditors to develop work plans, draft financial statements and related notes
- Perform reconciliation of accounts to ensure subsystems agree to the General Ledger and/or Treasury balances and prepare journal entries to adjust balances as necessary..
- Plan and coordinate problem resolutions that involve a number of organizational entities, such as collaborating with program offices and other CFO staff in planning needed revisions to the FEC integrated financial management system by ensuring that interfaces with the accounting system are developed properly to ensure that the information obtained/transmitted is correct and that the integrity of the accounting system is maintained.
- Develop recommendations for improvements in internal controls and develop justification for financial/accounting policy to prevent waste, fraud and abuse and discourage errors and irregularities.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533098700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.