Serves as Information Technology Specialist working for the Chief, Cyber Change Division of the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Information Technology(ACE-IT) Cyber Security Directorate. Technical expert for cyber security intelligence initiatives or roles as assigned by Cyber Security Directorate Chief/Cyber Change Division Chief on IT systems security principles, concepts, and methods for the purposes of transforming, modernizing, and enhancing the cyber security intelligence capability.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a cyber security protection analyst for USACE and ACE-IT on Penetrations and testing. Identify, investigate, analyze, and remedy information security events to ensure enterprise integrity against technical and physical risks.
- Conducts quality management reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of security controls. Report on the controls effectiveness for mitigating exposure to identify risks.
- Communicate security issues and control gaps through security governance process. Implement and integrate risk management procedures.
- Assess security posture for vulnerability and weakness. Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and related components.
- Perform assessments in an enterprise environment including vulnerability exploitation and identifications consisting of webs application, mobile applications, databases, networked systems, and operating systems and attached devices.
- Identify risk, vulnerability, and weakness to the security posture to recommend mitigation to responsible teams to ensure remediation processes are implemented.
- Supports Cyber Security Awareness Initiatives based on defined requirements and defined engagement parameters. Interface with local security team, and ACE-IT audit team members to perform inspection tasks.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533070200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.