The Engineering and Technology Directorate, Software Engineering Division (SED), Flight Software Systems Branch (Code 582) is seeking an individual to develop flight and ground data systems, and software systems. You will serve as a technical expert in Command and Data Handling (C&DH) or Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) Flight Software, or Flight Software Testing on a mission such as Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST). You may serve as a team member or in a team lead position.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described below are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- As a Computer Engineer, specializing in data systems for flight and ground software systems, you will designs and develop a wide range of advanced aerospace data, software and hardware systems that span a broad spectrum of engineering functions.
- You will support various branch operations and missions of significant impact, such as the Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST), in areas where there are unknowns.
- You will update and modify existing applications, design new applications, and maintain automation programs.
- You will manage, plan and lead system design, development, fabrication, testing and simulation, delivery, and integration.
- You will monitor compliance with overall performance specifications, and review and evaluate progress, quality and quantity of work performed.
- You will develop data reduction, analysis, and visualization software for use in aerospace, aeronautical, and science research development.
- You will direct studies to test the limitations of proven concepts and practices on systems, equipment, and/or hardware.
- You will provide technical insight into the cause and action plan when damaged, failed, or otherwise nonconforming hardware, software, equipment, or systems are encountered.
- You will analyze and define requirements, conducts technical evaluations, and make recommendations to management.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533056100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.