You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC., in the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA).
The Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is responsible for managing and coordinating the Agency's external affairs. LPA serves as USAID’s central point of contact with Congress, the media, interested stakeholders from the international development community, and the American people regarding the Agency’s programs and policies. In exercising this leadership role, LPA works closely with Bureaus and Independent Offices of the Agency, as well as its Federal Advisory Committees.
As a Visual Information Specialist, you will be reposnsible for:
- Advising the Division Chief, Bureau, and Agency leadership on the conceptualization, planning, and execution of visual products to enhance public recognition of and better explain USAID programs.
- Determining how best to meet overall messaging objectives through design support, including how to reach and communicate to the targeted audience. Establishing the Agency’s visual style in order to project USAID’s brand and message through visual communications.
- Developing overall budget for the products assigned and maintaining budgetary control throughout the lifecycle of the project. Manages production schedules to assure that visual products are delivered on time.
- Providing design direction for Agency products, serving as team lead for LPA’s in-house design team; planning, designing, and producing visual products to communicate the Agency’s message in a wide variety of media and channels; researching and applying industry-standard approaches; creating tools, systems, standards, and guidelines for design of new products by others;assigning work; establishing work priorities; providing design direction; reviewing work products; providing project guidance and resolving issues.
- Working closely with the Agency public engagement and strategic communication divisions. Serves as a branding champion to support effective, accurate implementation of USAID branding and marking standards, and is knowledgeable in all aspects of USAID branding and marking policy. Actively working with web, digital, and content teams to deliver brand and policy-compliant visual communications resources onto the Agency external website and other publication platforms.
- Preparing contract specifications for productions as needed and serving as project manager and contracting officer’s representative, Activity Manager, or special advisor for all LPA contracts and purchase orders concerning visual product design and production.
13 - Full Performance Level is GS-13
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533045500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.