THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HR Assistant (MIL), Position Description Number D2014000 and is part of the WY Deputy Chief of Staff Personnel, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to serve as the final reviewer and procedural authority of personnel actions submitted to the MILPO by lower echelons. Work is to be performed in one or more of the following work areas: Personnel Systems Management, Officer or Enlisted Personnel Management (OPM, EPM), Retirement Points Accounting Management (RPAM), Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP), Montgomery G.I. Bill, Physical Disability Evaluation System (PDES), Incapacitation Pay (INCAP), Mobilization(MOB)/Demobilization (DEMOB), TRICARE, Military Medical Support Office (MMSO), Line of Duty (LOD) investigations, and Funeral Honors/Casualty Assistance.
(1) Serves as a final reviewer and/or processor of actions, which may include but are not limited to: accessions, discharges/separations, promotions, awards, reductions, transfers, boards, Non-Commissioned Officer Evaluation Reports (NCOERs), Office Evaluation Reports (OERs), promotion eligibility, Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), discharges, waivers, award/withdraw, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), retirement eligibility, iPERMS, RCAS, eMILPO, SIDPERS, DJMS, DMDC, CAC Automation, TAPDB-G, and DSRO.
(2) Final reviewer and/or processor of any additional or emerging systems that support personnel management and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits.
(3) Final reviewer and/or processor of sensitive, complex cases, which involve: Allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status).
(4) Researches and obtains all necessary, relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended.
(5) If serving as the primary assistant to the Military Funeral Honors or Casualty Assistance programs then you serve as the primary point of contact, coordinator, and advisor for questions regarding Military Funeral Honors and/or Casualty Assistance.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533031900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.