The incumbent develops and recommends new policies and procedures regarding the installation and use of the laboratory information system (LIS) in conjunction with the overall hospital information system (HIS).Learn more about this agency
- Provides authoritative advice and consultation on the information system as they apply to the clinical laboratory.
- Advises all organizational levels on functions and capabilities of the LIS.
- Implements and maintains coding and mapping for laboratory test ordering, reporting, billing and workload recording taking into account compliance principles.
- Analyzes emerging trends, software and technology and adopts appropriate methods for local programs to meet agency goals.
- Serves as the local expert for national software developers for the testing and validation of software packages.
- Responsible for compliance with regulatory agency requirements as related to information systems and performs audits as needed.
- Provides consultation and training of personnel on computer functions, including ordering options, and responsible for the maintenance of computer security keys.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Bargaining Unit: Eligible
Duty Station: John Cochran Division, but may be changed to any other VASTLHCS location based on the needs of the medical center.
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be offered to a highly qualified candidate. Education Debt Reduction Program may be available to a highly qualified candidate.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533010400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.