This position is located in the Acquisition Branch of the office of the Chief of Business Operations, Eastern Federal Lands Highway Division (EFLHD), Sterling, Virginia.
The EFLHD provides transportation and engineering services to Federal agencies. These services include the planning, design, construction, and rehabilitation of federally owned highways and bridges.Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist, you will:
- Be responsible for a variety of firm fixed price and costs contracts which frequently require special handling provisions or other specialized terms and conditions and serves as a contract specialist for pre-award and/or post-award functions for a variety of contracts within the Eastern Federal Land Highway Division.
- Provide guidance to technical personnel involved in the development of the statement of work and formulates the contracting approach to be taken that will best satisfy the requirements.
- Perform and/or ensure that the bid schedule is properly structured; prepare solicitations, obtain necessary approvals; determine responsiveness and responsibility.
- Conduct Pre award surveys; recommend or determine sources to be solicited; conduct or oversee pre bid conferences; and recommend and prepare contracts for award.
- Monitor contractor performance, cost controls, funds management, adherence to contract completion schedules, expedite delivery or performance when required by mission changes, prepare and issue change orders occasioned by changes in mission requirements or defective specifications.
- Negotiate settlements for such changes and approve or recommend approval processes contract payments, to include fee payments and assessment of liquidated or actual damages for nonperformance, prepare or take action on requests for consideration, issues show cause or cure notices, recommend and prepare contracts for terminations of default or convenience and negotiate the final settlements, prepare correspondence and replies to the customer and other agencies.
The ideal candidate for this position would have the ability to communicate orally and in writing regarding acquisition issues. Must be able to work well in a team environment and perform search on acquisition issues and concerns to develop best / worst case scenarios so that the best acquisition strategy could be used. This candidate would also have the ability to work without close supervision, but would have the foresight to ask for advice in a tough acquisition situation.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532967800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.