The position is located in the End User Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), The incumbent performs a combination of duties; phone support, desk-side technical support, and bench-top diagnosis and repair. The primary duties and responsibilities include resolving customer related software and hardware problems In accordance with established policies and proceduresLearn more about this agency
- Documents and provides feedback on trends associated with customer support, including viable recommendations for improvement.
- Identifies and breaks down problems using structured problem resolution approaches; and works with network specialists, application developers, system administrators, and security specialists to prevent recurring problems.
- Provides group and one on one systems/software applications training to customers as required; and provides on the job training to lower graded IT Specialists.
- Superior skills and abilities to use communication methods and techniques to accomplish continuing coordination with IT program managers, customers, biomedical engineering, vendors and other stakeholders and partners to prepare and present briefings to senior IT staff on complex IT issues.
- Knowledge of guidelines and precedents are very general regarding agency policy statements and objectives and are often scarce, inapplicable or have gaps in specificity that require considerable interpretation and/or adaptation for application to assignments.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist~/17041A
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting,carrying, regularly moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532963900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.