WHAT IS THE PRIVACY GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON and DISCLOSURE (PGLD) DIVISION? PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
**See other information for positions.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN EMPLOYEE PROTECTION SPECIALIST DO? As an Employee Protection Specialist you will provide leadership, expertise, and direction in the development and implementation of the Employee Protection System (EPS) for the Internal Revenue Service. Work assignments include program reviews, studies and annual evaluations, assessments of training programs and working an inventory of Potentially Dangerous Taxpayer (PDT) and Caution (CAU) cases. This position involves broad analyses and studies affecting all aspects of Office of Employee Protection (OEP) operations and requires consideration of immediate, sequential and long-range effects of proposed actions. Your efforts may substantially improve the quality and efficiency of the program operations.
As an Employee Protection Specialist you will:
- Review the implementation of employee protection policies, program plans, and recommendations to improve the quality of the Employee Protection System (EPS).
- Identify and prepare reports for those adverse and significant trends and patterns in employee protection programs.
- Conduct re-evaluations of PDT and CAU statuses.
- Evaluate incidents that do not meet Potentially Dangerous Taxpayer (PDT) criteria for inclusion in the Caution Indicator (CAU) program and determine whether additional information is required.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to communicate and educate employees in safety-related issues by preparing guidelines, instructions and other documents.
- Ensure that OEP policies and procedures do not negatively impact other IRS and Government policies and programs, such as the Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 (RRA '98), the Taxpayer Bill of Rights (TBOR) and the Retention Standard for Fair and Equitable Treatment of Taxpayers.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Nights Per Month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532957200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.