You will serve as a Human Resources Specialist focused in Human Resources Development (HRD) within the Human Resources Management Division, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA). Responsible for developing, administering, coordinating, overseeing and managing the HRD program activities and function, including linkage to workforce and leadership succession planning, diversity initiatives and competency development for a predominantly technical work-force.Learn more about this agency
The Human Resources Specialist (HRD):
- Assesses PHMSA’s needs and utilization of the automated DOT Learning Management System.
- Oversees the implementation of the system for the agency, including oversight of data transfer, marketing system capabilities and developing operating procedures for continuing use within PHMSA.
- Develops new or revised HRD policies, procedures, and guidelines for use throughout the agency.
- Develops annual goals and objectives for the HRD function and provides consultative services relative to changing technologies, obsolete workforce skills, and the challenges of organizations in transition.
- Advises managers about HRD related issues such as establishing flexible training programs, provisions of veterans’ educational assistance, coaching, mentoring and prohibitions on contracts with discriminatory institutions.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates learning and development programs to determine their quality employee participation and overall effectiveness and the assure that they meet the goals and strategic direction for the organization.
- Provides support and/or conducts research, benchmarking activities, surveys, focus groups, etc., related to various learning and development themes to identify and integrate current strategies, concepts, practices and needs into PHMSA’s learning and development program components and activities.
The ideal candidate is a mid-level professional who is seeking a challenging assignment as a Human Resources Specialist specializing in development. You will be responsible for the whole range of functions and project activities involving the Human Resources Development program. You will serve as a representative during formal/informal discussions and working groups to resolve Human Resources Development issues. Additionally, you will develop and provide policy guidance and recommendations to management regarding complex Human Resources Development issues.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532883100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.