The Air Conditioning Equipment Operator (Boiler Plant) performs work involved in operating, troubleshooting and repairing complex utility systems. The incumbent is responsible for the safe operation of the Energy Center, a central boiler and chiller plant. The position is located in the Operations Section, Engineering Service, at the Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center, Spokane, Washington.Learn more about this agency
- Performs the correct operations, tests, adjustments, troubleshooting, maintenance, cleaning, and repairs to one centralized Type "A" heating plant assembly of three high pressure water tube boilers with a 33,000 pound per hour capacity and related auxiliary equipment such as a makeup air preheaters, safety valves, feed water regulators, blow off valves, dearerator, dealkalizer, muffler, water softeners, feed water pumps, condensate pumps, compressors, feed regulating controls and devices, combustion controls and other complex controls and safety devices requiring the continuous attention of the operator.
- Performs the proper operations, tests, adjustments, troubleshooting, for multiple zone air conditioning plant rated at 400 tons, consisting of multiple chillers providing chilled water air conditioning service to various buildings on campus including laboratories, operating rooms, computer spaces, offices, telecommunication areas, patient areas, and intensive care units, telecommunication areas, patient areas, and intensive care units.
- Selects proper operating temperatures, balances air flow, starts and stops equipment in several remote mechanical spaces, adjusts valves and set-points for temperature and humidity regulation to satisfy requirements as conditions warrant based upon computer evaluation, observation, and data collections.
- Performs all required maintenance and repairs to boilers, chillers, and associated equipment (such as feedwater pumps, condensate pumps, deaerators, condensers, centrifugal compressors, starter switches, circuit breakers, heat exchangers, chilled water pumps, condenser water pumps, filters, fans, motors, controls, thermostats, cooling towers, heating and cooling coils, recorders, alarms, fuel oil pumps, lubricating oil pumps, strainers, burner flame monitoring systems, combustion controls, pressure regulators, reducers, etc.)
- Performs necessary preventative maintenance consisting of checking, cleaning, lubricating, adjustments, disassembly, repair and assembly of all production and distribution equipment within the utility plant complex.
Work Schedule: 12 Hour shifts
Position Description Title/PD#: / 70370-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532803600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.