This position is located within the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Office of Management, Technology, and Operations (OMTO), Building, Logistics and Telecommunications Branch (BLTB), in Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
For more information about SAMHSA, click the "Learn more about the Agency" Box.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
This position is a mission critical occupation for SAMHSA. The position is responsible for ensuring that operational and fiscal activities align with and enable accomplishment of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's mission, goals and objectives.
As a senior Building Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating the provision of support in the areas of real property, building management, health and safety, transportation and parking.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform managerial and administrative work involving analyzing, developing, evaluating, or promoting improvements in the policies, plans, methods, procedures, systems related to health and safety and operations of the facility.
- Provide centralized administrative services, including processing and coordinating requests for and providing advice on property, facilities, and other activities.
- Serve as the point of contact and help staff resolve issues/problems in their day-to-day operations in order to promote employee productivity, health, and welfare.
- Act as the Health and Safety Officer for SAMHSA and prepare reports such as the annual Occupational Safety and Health Report.
- Keep up to date on health and safety issues and goals for SAMHSA and coordinate with PSC and the department in determining how to implement programs.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain high customer satisfaction levels by ensuring that DOS requirements, products and services are easily obtained, meet the customer's needs, and that short-term problems are quickly resolved.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships among a variety of in-house organizations, other government agencies, vendors or contractors, and/or private institutions.
- Serve as the property officer providing advice, analysis, guidance, policy development, and planning for agency assets.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10 percent for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532799700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.