About the Position: The US Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory Program is committed to protecting the Nation's aquatic resources and navigation capacity, while allowing reasonable development through fair and balanced decisions. The Portland District Regulatory Branch has jurisdiction over the state of Oregon, southern Washington ports and restoration projects in the Columbia River estuary funded by the Bonneville Power Administration.Learn more about this agency
- You will administer and enforce the US Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory Program within an assigned geographic area in Portland District's area of responsibility.
- You will direct a program towards improving and enhancing the physical, biological and chemical integrity of the nation's water resources in Portland Districts geographic area of responsibility.
- You will assure compliance with the governing public laws and regulations, interagency agreements, policies of Corps Headquarters and the directives of the District Commander.
- You will assure public compliance with the Corps Regulatory Program within geographic area of responsibility in accordance with 33 CFR Parts 320-330.
- You will evaluate the effectiveness of public contact and interface with other agencies and recommend or initiate actions to assure continual improvement of the public perception of, and interaction with, the Corps Regulatory Program.
- You will supervise employees within the Eugene Permits Section, Regulatory Branch.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to project sites, conferences or training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532789100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.