This position is for an Accountant (Recent Graduate) working under Fiscal Service at the Dayton VAMC. This is a developmental position. This position is intended to provide experience and on-the-job training. The incumbent will receive progressively more difficult assignments and projects to achieve specialized objectives.Learn more about this agency
The Technical Career Field (TCF) is a national workforce development program within VHA that was designed to replenish technical staff in critically identified positions.
The TCF career fields represent those technical fields where VA-specific knowledge and experience is desirable for success in the field. Individuals selected follow a formal training plan for two years during which they are trained, coached, and supervised by a preceptor. Preceptors are selected annually, through an extensive application process, for their technical expertise, their commitment to training and the suitability of their facility as a training location. *Selectees will be required to sign Mobility, Training, and Continued Service Agreements.
This is a developmental position leading to a GS-11, performing assignments intended to broaden skills and provide practical experience leading to progressively more complex assignments performed under progressively less supervision. The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
- Serves in a developmental capacity. Accomplishes a prescribed agenda of formal/informal classroom and on-the-job training, rotational job assignments, and self-development;
- Performs developmental assignments involving the review and processing of accounting documents;
- Assists in maintaining, analyzing and reconciling general ledgers and subsidiary ledgers;
- Assists in preparing related reports and in initiating corrective actions;
- Provides advice and assistance to technicians, analysts and clerical personnel on transactions requiring professional accounting determinations;
- Maintains liaison with serviced activities, providing advice on availability of funds, reporting methods and account reconciliation's;
- Participates with higher grade accountants in furnishing assistance and advice to operating elements, recommending solutions to problems, and devising new or alternative procedures for accounting or related functions involving analysis of accounting operations;
- Analyzes current procedures and systems to determine if improvement or simplification is needed;
- Performs a variety of routine, technical, and occasionally more complex accounting assignments designed to develop greater professional competence.
Position Description Title/PD#: Accountant - Technical Career Field (TCF)/13076A
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532786500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.