The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, preservation, protection, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD), as well as federal and industry partners. DTIC provides leading edge information services and analysis products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the authority and primary point of contact for all search and discovery initiatives and program innovations.
- Researches, reviews, and evaluates new Internet services and technologies and prepares information analyses.
- Manages the agency development of search and discovery products and services.
- Agency's principal authority regarding the organization and retrieval of information.
- Keeps current with state-of-the-art developments in the fields of information storage and retrieval, strategic searching, and discovery applications.
- Evaluates emerging information discovery capabilities to identify new search engines to use as prototype for possible agency utilization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532745400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.