If selected for this position you will be responsible for providing a broad range of otolaryngology surgery interventions to all Veterans. Duties and responsibilities are carried out throughout the Veteran's Affairs Medical Center in Albany, New York. You will follow established guidelines, ethics, and policies and protocols of the Department of Surgery, Department of VHA, and the profession. You will function as a cooperative and collegial team member with the entire staff.Learn more about this agency
If selected, you will be charged with delivering the best possible care to our Veteran patients. This care must be delivered in accordance with hospital policy and meet community standards pertaining to outpatients as well as inpatients.
You will be responsible for performing duties as an Otolaryngologist with an emphasis on facial, head and neck plastic surgery to include clinical, administrative, and academic components.
You will participate in and/or manage a broad range of Otolaryngology related interventions to diseases of the head and neck. The majority of the practice requires sub-specialty training in facial plastic surgery including but not limited to non-cosmetic nasal surgery, non-cosmetic blepharoplasty, and care of skin malignancies. Your basic responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Maintaining good diagnostic and therapeutic acumen.
- Participating in a shared rotation of night and weekend On-Call coverage.
- Working within your privileges at all times.
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills. You will be responsible for management of diagnostic, preventive, and/or therapeutic interventions, both surgical and non-surgical within the practice of Otolaryngology as appropriate on all ages who have presented with injuries or diseases of the disorders of the head and neck.
- Exercising corporate citizenship by serving as leader and/or active member on Medical Center committees as requested.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms).
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532737300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.