The Executive Support Facility is responsible for the storage, care, and preservation of the White House Museum Collection, and the White House utilitarian supplies and materials. The ESF provides transportation support to the various operations of the Executive Residence and the park.Learn more about this agency
The announcement is being amended to extend the closing date to June 14, 2019.
- Lead the Motor Vehicle Operators assigned to the Executive Support Facility (4-6 personnel). Assigns and instructs subordinates in the various day-to-day activities such as assess situations, make decisions, schedule priorities, and supervise subordinates in an efficient and production operation. Coordinates all work to ensure maintenance of highest standards possible.
- Incumbent will inspect progress of work to insure instructions are being carried out and work is of an acceptable standard and is completed within the given time frame in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Operates one or more motor vehicles including platform trucks, van trucks, stake trucks, dump trucks, trailers, specialty pumping equipment, and trash removal trucks which typically have an approximate GVWR up to 33,000 pounds.
- Performs operator maintenance on all vehicles operated (e.g., monitoring fluid levels, replacing air filters, and interior lights, checking tire pressure and hose connections, and washing the vehicle).
- Handles museum collection objects; moving them in the collection storage facility, transporting them in and around DC metropolitan area, securing them to prevent damage.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532711900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.