The Medical Technologist is responsible for performing laboratory procedures in the areas of Chemistry, Hematology/Coagulation, Urinalysis, Immunohematology, and Microbiology.Learn more about this agency
- Collects, handles, accessions, and labels specimens according to but not limited to safety, patient identification and infection control policies.
- Prepares specimens for analysis, insuring that the physiologic state of the specimen properties is maintained.
- Selects, performs, evaluates and monitors the performance of test procedures using manual and/or instrumental techniques in accordance with established protocols.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products and maintains proper records for quality control reports.
- Operates a variety of instruments such as electronic cell counter, discrete chemistry analyzer, discrete urinalysis analyzer, centrifuge, microscope and others.
- Identifies the cause of common problems and makes simple repairs to equipment.
- Rotating holidays and occasional weekends/off shifts may be required depending on the needs of the service/medical center.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532691700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.