This is a full-time position with the Office of Information Technology at the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.Learn more about this agency
Closing Date: Friday, 05/24/2019, 11:59 PM EDT
Note: A security clearance is not required in order to apply. However, the applicant must be able to acquire and retain a Top Secret (TS) clearance as a condition of employment.
Under the guidance of senior staff, the incumbent will perform the full range of tasks and activities involved in developing, coordinating, implementing, and maintaining standards and procedures to protect the security and integrity of information systems and data. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to communicate the state of information security, inform of possible risks, and suggest ways to improve security;
- Conduct periodic network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis to determine if there have been any attacks on the system;
- Analyze network traffic to identify anomalies and test the information security controls for weaknesses;
- Respond to threats and take mitigating actions to contain the malicious activity and minimize damage, as well as facilitate forensic analysis to determine the source of the threat;
- Design and implement new safeguards to protect the system;
- Work with other IT teams to implement the new safeguards, whether it is in the form of software, hardware, or new operating procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532636800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.