This position is part of the Office of the Secretary of Interior, Office of Natural Resources Revenue, Coordination, Enforcement, Valuation & Appeals (CEVA), Enforcement located in Lakewood, CO. NOTE: This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies within the Office of Natural Resources Revenue.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership for the enforcement program.
- Oversees investigations of violations of mineral revenue statutes, regulations, lease term, and orders.
- When violations are found, oversees issuance of notices of non-compliance and civil penalties.
- Oversees debt enforcement through filing proofs of claim and participation in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Oversees preparation of administrative records for appeals of Director decisions to the Interior Board of Land appeals, and for other administrative and judicial proceedings.
- Oversees litigation support for enforcement hearings, tribal trust lawsuits; and other litigation.
- Advises and collaborates with management, staff, and other agencies on enforcement matters; recommends amendment to statutes, regulations and policies on enforcement.
- Creates and communicates vision consistent with the Department and ONRR enforcement and litigation strategies, plans, goal, and results.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532628200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.