The United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, is seeking highly qualified attorneys to serve as Trial Attorneys in its six civil enforcement and litigation sections based in Washington DC. These sections are responsible for civil antitrust enforcement and litigation, competition advocacy, and competition policy in multiple sectors of the economy as described below:Learn more about this agency
- Defense, Industrials & Aerospace Section - defense, avionics and aeronautics, banking, industrial equipment, road and highway construction, metals and mining, and waste industries;
- Healthcare & Consumer Products Section - health care, insurance, pulp, paper, timber, food products, dairy, and beer;
- Media, Entertainment & Professional Services Section - motion pictures, music publishing, concert and event promotion, publishing, radio, television, newspapers, advertising, sports and recreation, credit cards, and real estate;
- Technology & Financial Services Section - computer hardware and software, high technology component manufacturing, internet-related businesses, financial services, and the securities industry;
- Telecommunications & Broadband Section - broadband Internet, cable and satellite television, mobile wireless service, and telephony; and
- Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture Section - aviation, railroads, trucking, ocean shipping, hotels, restaurants, travel services, electricity, oil field services, crops, seeds, fish, and livestock.
Each section's responsibilities include merger review, other civil investigations, and litigation of anticompetitive conduct as well as public advocacy for policies that ensure an innovative and competitive marketplace. Attorneys in these sections frequently grapple with challenging cases involving technical complexity, technological change, barriers to entry, and evolving competitive and regulatory landscapes. Successful applicants can expect to be given significant responsibility and have immediate involvement with matters of national importance. The attorneys hired can also expect a collegial and stimulating work environment involving collaboration with highly experienced attorneys and economists on cutting-edge matters and to enjoy the satisfaction of serving the public interest.
Occasional travel - Domestic and international travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532623900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.