Incumbent is responsible for conducting a variety of mathematical/statistical studies and procedures related to the planning, execution, and control of an extensive program of statistical research and service in the broad field of Social Security statistics.Learn more about this agency
- Participates in initiating, formulating, and planning major statistical studies requiring the application and development of mathematical statistical theory.
- Plans, executes, and controls assigned comprehensive mathematical statistical projects related to sample design, quality control, statistical methodology, and statistical standards.
- Advises the supervisor and professional staff on mathematical statistical matters relative to all areas of responsibility.
- Performs research concerning new and complex mathematical statistical techniques as well as developing and adapting methods for subject-matter experts.
- Prepares technical reports, guidelines, or instructions to enable statisticians and others to understand and/or apply recommended techniques.
- Exercises technical direction and provides assistance for special projects as assigned.
- Formulates the instructions and guides to be used by the professional and technical assistants working on assignments within the subject matter area.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532606300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.