The Social Worker position is within inpatient acute psychiatry and requires the social worker provide mental health services to Veterans with high intensity needs. Services include comprehensive clinical assessments, coordination of discharge planning for Veterans who may have serious mental illness, co-morbid medical problems, and complex psychosocial issues. The inpatient social worker functions as an integral member of an interdisciplinary team.Learn more about this agency
Current VA and/or Federal employees should apply under CBDE-10491713-19-SF-BU.
The duties of the Social Worker may include but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizes a variety of clinical skills to develop an assessment of the Veteran in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, the Veteran, family members and significant others to highlight the Veteran's strengths, limitations, and internal/external supports and service needs in order to optimize the Veteran's functional status.
- Develops treatment plans, setting achievable treatment goals with the Veteran/family in compliance with hospital mental health guidelines and will be updated if there is a change in the patient's condition or needs.
- Participates as a member of a inter-disciplinary team in discharge planning for Veterans hospitalized; care coordination for post-hospitalization follow-up and/or upon referral to outpatient team for assessment of care or case management.
- Communicates with team members the functions they are responsible; they initiate discussions with Veterans/Caregiver to involve them in shared decision process to assist with the Veterans healthcare, including advanced care planning;
- Reviews and completes continued education annually specific to program population to maintain or enhance clinical competencies in addition to maintaining continued education requirements mandated by the Veterans Administration, Medical Center and/or those that may be required by the state license held by the social worker.
- Experienced in making rapid assessments and developing crisis management plans for admission to mental health inpatient programs. Social worker has access to multiple resource directories in addition to previously developed resources to meet the demands of a crisis.
- Assists in assessing the needs of Veterans assigned and document the social support services provided utilizing patient centered care approach to assure Veteran is involved in decisions regarding their healthcare.
- Utilizes Event Capture code approved for social workers for inpatient care and uses Appointment Management/Encounters for outpatient clinics following the VA policies and processes for appointment scheduling.
Compressed/Flexible: At managements discretion
Telework: Not Available
Functional Statement/FS#: Social Worker/ 8445A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: NotAuthorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532563700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.