This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified U.S. citizens, including Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officers. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and may provide entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.Learn more about this agency
As the Director, the incumbent will:
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing and maintaining the agency-wide and government-wide comprehensive, all-hazards approach to preparedness and response activities.
- Advise senior staff members and key agency officials on all activities that affect CDC's preparedness and response activities, policies, programs, projects and initiatives.
- Direct the implementation of the Federal Select Agent Program, in coordination with the US Department of Agriculture.
- Direct the implementation of the Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) program to help state and local health departments prepare and plan for emergencies.
- Direct the implementation of emergency operations at CDC, including the CDC Emergency Operations Center, to prepare and respond to public health threats.
- Direct the implementation of Federal and Departmental regulations and establish CDC policies and procedures in the areas of public health emergency preparedness and response.
- Exercise leadership to ensure all programs under his/her direction reflect the principles of workforce diversity in the management and operations of recruitment and staffing, employee development, staff assignments and communications.
- Serve as a liaison between CDC/ATSDR and other Federal agencies, with particular emphasis on the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Emergency Management Administration. Also liaise with local, state, national and international organizations in support of CDC's preparedness and response mission.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532548100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.