Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government®! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Careers Website.Learn more about this agency
This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 13 months). It may be extended for additional 11 months without further competition. Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. The appointment to a Term position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency's business processes. The Office of Application Engineering and Development (OAED) is responsible for the full life cycle management of the USPTO's automated information systems.
As an IT Specialist selected for this position you will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Serving as an integration expert and solution architect on common technical issues
- Leading the design and implementation of IT solutions across multiple systems and domains
- Creating architectural designs and data models at a portfolio and project level
- Troubleshooting and identifying existing and ongoing issues providing short and long term solutions
- Researching emerging technologies and advises managers and customers on software and hardware issues
- Developing and applying new principles and standards for next generation software development
THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 30,2019.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532538900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.