The purpose of this position is to serve as an Economist in the Office of Microeconomic Analysis (MA) in the Office of Economic Policy (EP). The Office of Microeconomic Analysis is responsible for in-depth economic evaluation and analysis of the developments and issues in specific policy areas, including fiscal policy, Social Security and Medicare, pensions and retirement security, health, regulatory reform, labor and education, homeland security, agriculture, energy, and the environment.Learn more about this agency
As an Economist, you will:
- Write papers, briefings, and memos to and for senior policy officials in the department concerning developments in the U.S. economy that cut across a wide variety of sectors and markets;
- Lead Treasury participation in inter-agency processes for developing and evaluating policies and policy options in a number of areas;
- Analyze and assess, using appropriate economic tools and models, the potential impact of proposed or existing policy changes or global economic developments;
- In direct collaboration with Senior Treasury officials, develop policy proposals, options and alternatives and recommends Treasury positions;
- Study highly technical and complex problems/issues that can encompass all sectors of the economy, and including labor markets, retirement security issues.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532481200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.