This position is located in the Office of Curatorial Affairs, National Museum of American History (NMAH). The incumbent assists with museum collections management tasks including collections inventory, collections care and conservation, specimen/object curation, pest management, storage improvement, data capture, digitization and maintenance of collections data in the NMAH collections information system.
Learn more about this agency
- Assists with collections management tasks across all museum departments within the National Museum of American History.
- Tracks data through the data management process, proofreading data for technical errors and content, referring to original source documents as necessary.
- Compiles, checks, verifies, and maintains data records created from source materials such as labels, specimen/objects, catalogs, and data, and records data in the NMAH collections information system as required by the data management process.
- Participates on teams or with higher level staff to perform a wide variety of collections inventory and physical care projects for NMAH collections and associated records.
- Assists in the digitization, data entry, and maintenance of NMAH collections data.
05 - TERM position -- Not To Exceed 9/30/21 without any promotion potential.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532478800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.