These positions are located in the Agricultural Research Service, Administrative and Financial Management. This Human Resources Specialist position begins as a trainee and is responsible for progressively more complex assignments in the areas of classification, staffing, employment and recruitment, compensation, and HR advisory services. Grow your HR career with ARS!Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical advice to management officials and employees on the interpretations and application of various human resources regulations, laws, rules, and procedures.
- Assists with position review interviews and audits to ascertain facts; prepares evaluation statements or classification notes to document findings.
- Works with managers and senior HR Specialists in placement activities including new hires, promotions, reassignments, incentives, details, etc. Assists with determining eligibility and salary entitlement as appropriate to each situation.
- Processes and documents human resources and pay actions following legal and regulatory guidance.
- Works with managers and senior HR Specialists to develop and classify position descriptions.
- Works with managers and senior HR Specialists to perform job analyses and develop assessment questionnaires, prepare vacancy announcements, and determine eligibility and qualifications of applicants.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532467000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.