This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirement, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.Learn more about this agency
The Community Living Center at American Lake is a 79,000 square foot lakeside facility. It features 83 beds in both private and semi-private rooms, a hospice unit, a rehabilitation unit and an Alzheimer's disease/dementia unit. The American Lake Community Living Center is designed around one main street corridor with a series of branching neighborhoods. This reflects the emphasis on the social environment of care and is important to a patient's well-being and ability to heal.
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) shares twenty-four hour accountability for the management of the Community Living Center within VA Puget Sound Health Care System under the direction of the Nurse Manager. The ANM shares responsibility for the supervision of nursing practice and nursing operations. He/she helps facilitate an interdisciplinary approach to high quality, cost effective and customer-focused health care. The ANM under the direction of the nurse manager helps to facilitate all issues that affect nursing.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- assists in managing the patient care environment including budgeting, supplies, equipment and patients
- assists in personnel management including scheduling, counseling and evaluation of staff
- shares staff orientation, continuing education, personnel development
- represents the unit and department within the organization
- direct patient care as needed
- assists in data collection, analyzing, trending, reporting, including nurse sensitive indicators, risk management
- manages staffing process using VA Staffing Methodology and electronic staffing programs
- assists in monitoring compliance to CARF, TJC standards, other standards and policies
- responsible for all issues that affect nursing including standards of practice, credentialing, training, functional statements, position descriptions, proficiency reports, performance appraisals, policies, procedures, protocols and competencies
- keeps staff informed of organizational goals through facilitating both vertical and horizontal communication in a timely manner
- provides direct supervision of nursing personnel in their defined area of responsibility and evaluates their performance and competency.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532441600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.