The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemoLearn more about this agency
This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA). Multiple vacancies will be filled using this announcement.
As a Contract Specialist at the NH-1102-3 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Solicits, analyzes, evaluates, and negotiates contractor's proposals for highly specialized research and development requirements for programs/activities of the Missile Defense Agency. Prepares all contract file documentation for Contracting Officer approval.
- Coordinates, analyzes, and negotiates acquisitions of both cost reimbursement and fixed-price contracting in such areas as prototype development of sophisticated research and testing equipment; weapons systems; software systems development; and development of new and unique materials; and/or Foreign Military Sales.
- Conducts acquisition planning and, in coordination with the technical program office, determines the recommended contractual strategy to be used in the acquisition of a specific program element.- Processes, analyzes, evaluates, performs cost analysis, provides input for the competitive range determinations and develops a pre-negotiation position for proposals.
- Serves as a point of contact for advising and assisting the MDA Deputies and Directors in areas not requiring contracting officer authorization, such as, coordination of future procurement requirements; preparation of required procurement supporting documentation; and the resolution of specific procurement problems.
- Serves as a contract specialist and member of a negotiating team responsible for planning, coordinating, and negotiating a variety of procurements pertaining to research, development, test and evaluation requirements essential to MDA's mission.
- As part of the negotiating team, plans and coordinates activities performed on a variety of contracts associated with development, deployment and sustainment of MDA elements and supporting services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532422900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.