This position is located in the Environmental Planning and Analysis (EC) organization of Environment, Fish, and Wildlife (E), Bonneville Power Administration.
A successful candidate in this position will serve as the Power and Transmission NEPA Compliance Officer (NCO) and as the agency recognized technical expert on the requirements of NEPA and related environmental statutes, regulations, and Executive Orders specifically for and limited to the Power and Transmission program.Learn more about this agency
As an Environmental Protection Specialist, you will:
- Manage Bonneville efforts to achieve the objectives of NEPA and to maintain compliance with DOE and CEQ NEPA regulations.
- Manage, oversee, and review the implementation of NEPA compliance programs for Bonneville’s Power and Transmission program covering highly technical, complex, and controversial areas.
- Review all documents related to NEPA and its applicability, implications, and impact to Bonneville programs and facilities, and appropriateness relative to DOE requirements.
- Advise agency executives (Administrator, Power and Transmission Vice Presidents, and EF&W Vice President) on NEPA alternatives presented in decision documents with a recommendation on what alternative the deciding official should implement
- Determine the intent of, and interpret and revise existing policy and regulatory guidance for use by others within or outside the employing agency (e.g., technical experts, line managers, or contractors in other offices or agencies, state and local governments, or private industry).
- Develop policy and guidelines for specific areas of work.
- Formulate interpretations that may take the form of policy statements, regulations, and guidelines.
- Develop training programs to educate line managers in BPA NEPA policy and procedures as it relates to the BPA Power and Transmission Program. Assures NEPA documents are developed to meet DOE requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532397200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.