THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Contract Specialist (Title 32), Position Description Number D2271000 (GS-07), D2270000 (GS-09), and D2269000 (GS-11) and is part of the VA USPFO, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist (Title 32), GS-1102-07/09/11, you will perform the below duties:
- Follows established procedures to procure off-the-shelf materials, which are available from numerous commercial sources, and are easily identified by common names for which standard price lists are available. Responds to customer needs to procure repetitive items or services for which specifications have become standardized and where established competitive markets and price competition exists. Reviews requisitions to determine if proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents. Suppliers are generally available, however, performs search of the market or uses sole source suppliers as required or necessary to complete procurement actions.
- Prepares Invitation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP) ensuring that technical descriptions and appropriate contract clauses are included. Develops source lists of responsible contractors, coordinating with the small business specialist. Uses primarily firm fixed-price, time and materials, indefinite delivery, or similar contracts using standard clauses. Performs detailed analysis of responses to solicitations, including price reasonableness, adequacy of competition, compliance with solicitation, and probability of meeting requirements. Evaluates prospective contract price utilizing basic price analysis techniques to analyze common contracts by research and review of available historical and precedent data, manufacturer's catalogs, current labor rates, and standard industrial cost and price data.
- Assists in monitoring contract performance and assists in contract termination. Monitors contract performance through telephone conversations, correspondence, site visits, inspections, progress reports, and analysis of contractor metrics, for compliance with performance standards, applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, progress reports, and other requirements stated in the contract.
- Provides advice and assistance to others relating to contracting work and prepares correspondence. Provides advice and assistance to installation technical personnel, sales representatives, and/or contractors' local suppliers whenever information is needed or issues need to be resolved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532385700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.