The LNET RN position is part of the lung nodule evaluation team and reports to the Associate Chief Nurse in Surgery. The LNET RN role requires a caring, self-motivated, disciplined RN who has a great eye for detail and exceptional clinical knowledge to include fundamental knowledge of thoracic and pulmonary pathology; diagnostic testing and imaging modalities such as bronchoscopies, surgery, PET scanning, interventional radiology etc.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent Lung Nodule Evaluation Team (LNET) Nurse Navigator requires the following:
- Clinical knowledge and skill sets and a variety of information technologies including clinical databases, to anticipate risk, perform risk assessments and other surveillance strategies to customize interventions and promote achievement of health related outcomes and patient safety
- Translating evidence based quality improvement into practice and patient care
- Utilize knowledge of health care systems to implement and coordinate evidence based care
- Competent with fundamentals of database management - Excel, Access, CPRS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with a multidisciplinary team of providers
- Aid in patient education of lung nodules, and patient navigation thru the Lung Nodule Team treatment algorithms
- Fundamental knowledge of thoracic and pulmonary pathology
- Fundamental knowledge of diagnostic testing, and imaging modalities including bronchoscopic techniques, surgical biopsy, PET scanning, interventional radiology
- Fundamental knowledge of treatment options related to lung nodules/masses/lesions
- Contacting patients as needed to facilitate labs, imaging and clinical visits.
- Corresponding via letters and phone for routine follow up.
- Responding to patients questions and concerns
- Routine ordering of follow up CT scans, labs and testing as desired.
- Obtaining both scans and reports from Ft. Knox as well as other outlying hospitals.
- Attendance at weekly LNET meeting
- Shared secretarial duties related to LNET meeting.
- Weekly review of all consults to LNET for past 7 days to ensure completion and follow up has been appropriately initiated.
- Data base input of all new LNET patients.
- Updates to current LNET patients as follow up decisions are made
- Aiding in coordination of care as patients undergo variety of testing towards diagnosis
- Generate monthly follow up reports for patients due films
- Generate monthly reports for patients who have fallen out of compliance
- Ensure appropriate follow up for patients based on LNET algorithm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532354600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.