As the Associate General Counsel (Policy), you will be responsible for the development and supervision of drafting of regulations, advisory opinions, and other legal memoranda that interpret the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA), and for providing advice on legislation impacting the FEC. Draft regulations and advisory opinions are presented to the Commission at public meetings.Learn more about this agency
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
As the Associate General Counsel (Policy) in this position, you will serve as a member of the management team of the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) and participate in formulating and effecting policies and programs; and, supervising Assistant General Counsels, senior attorneys, staff attorneys, and paralegals. Specifically, you will:
- Exercise important policy-making, policy determining, or other executive decisions in all phases of program and staff management;
- Manage and motivate staff to include promoting cross-organizational efforts to improve quality of work;
- Review enforcement, regulatory, advisory, and litigation matters for adherence to policies and procedures;
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation of all memoranda, advisory opinions, notices of rulemaking, and draft regulations and reports;
- Exercise judgment in all phases of analysis, ranging from sorting out the most important problems, to shifting evidence, and framing feasible options;
- Perform as the primary advisor to the General Counsel on a wide range of policy issues.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532347900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.