This position is located in the Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infastructure Operations, Platform Support. The incumbent serves as Information Technology (IT) Analyst with a full range of duties associated with IT specialty areas required to support storage management.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
This is a virtual position that must be placed in a VA facility in one of the locations and site will be determined after selection is made.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, Tour of duty will depend on time zone to support the Midwest/Continental District.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10077A and PD10078A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Utilizes experience, discretion, judgment and knowledge in planning, execution, operation and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure..
- Provides support, implements, and manages systems and core services.
- Provides support, implements and manages storage systems by using and installing VA approved storage systems applications, tools and processes.
- Supports, manages and implements the national backup process, conduct and ensures backup maintenance and troubleshooting as needed, and manages systems and subsystems using VA and regional established methods and approved processes.
- Supports, implements, and recommends improvement to national policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532099700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.