The VA St Louis Healthcare System (VASTLHCS) is a two campus, tertiary referral center which is an integral part of the health care community in metropolitan St Louis that provides patient centered complex health care in Medicine, Surgery, Mental Health, Primary Care, Neurology, Spinal Cord Injury, Rehabilitation Medicine and Women's Health to approximately 60,000 unique veterans. VASTLHCS also serves as a major training site for undergraduate and graduate medical training programs.Learn more about this agency
VA St. Louis Healthcare System (VASTLHCS) is seeking a full-time Deputy Chief of Staff (DCOS) for Operations at the John Cochran Division. The JC Division DCOS will report directly to the Chief of Staff. The DCOS role will require an exceptional capacity to: (1) coordinate the work of the services under their direct supervision and (2) to collaborate with those services reporting to the Nurse Executive, Deputy Director and Associate Director to implement key VA Central Office, Network and Medical Center organizational strategies. The successful candidate also will be responsible for direct oversight of the following services: Research and Education, Diagnostic Imaging, Dental, Pathology, Radiation Safety and Health Technology & Innovation.
The overall responsibilities of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, JC Division include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Chief of Staff in managing complex health care delivery operations on a day-to-day basis (e.g. such as credentialing and privileging processes, management of organizational committees, and business analysis.
- Assist in the recruitment of certified, licensed professional staff who are graduates of approved medical schools.
- Maintain Practicing Physician status.
- Ensure that appropriate systems to review, analyze, and evaluate care activities are established and maintained; and that corrective actions are initiated and carried as needed.
- Monitor and ensure medical staff compliance with agency regulations, medical staff bylaws, VA Directives and Handbooks, medical center policies, pertinent JC standards, and other appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Monitor adherence to medical ethical standards of the professional staff.
- Assist services in meeting VA Performance Measures and other performance metrics. Develop and monitor quality improvement measures for process improvement. Participate in quality monitoring programs including patient safety and continuous accreditation readiness.
- Supervise a staff of employees to include administrative and personnel management functions.
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
Relocation Expenses: Authorized
Relocation Incentives: May be authorized for highly qualified candidates
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532032100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.