The selectees for this position will serve as a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST within the HQ of NAVAL SEA SYSTEMS COMMAND, located in Washington, D.C.; Groton, CT; Pascagoula, MS; Dahlgren, VA; Bath, ME; or Newport News, VA.Learn more about this agency
Staffing and Classification duties:
- You will provide expert-level assistance in support of HR specialties including Recruitment and Placement, Position Management and Classification;
- You will coordinate actions with other staff elements to develop plan of actions, milestones, and exit criteria;
- You will provide staff level advisory on significant position classification problems or issues, maintaining command-wide position classification accuracy and consistency in interpreting classification standards;
- You will classify acquisition demo and GS positions, determining proper pay plan, title, series, and grade, and preparing supplemental classification documents and evaluation statements.
- You will serve as the staff advisor and consultant on the program, working in concert with the general counsel office to develop, recommend, and implement command-wide policies and programs;
- You will ensure compliance with overarching policies established by OPM, DoD, DoN and Executive Orders, as well as Federal employment laws;
- You will provide policy guidance and interpretation to the staff of all organizational elements dealing with labor unions.
- You will serve as the resident expert staff advisor and consultant for the workforce development program;
- You will develop and execute a comprehensive command training and professional development program, developing and issuing guidance, and formulating a command master plan;
- You will manage training administration systems to ensure data integrity to provide comprehensive reporting of training measures and cost;
- You will review draft briefing materials, accompany new hires on scheduled off-site visits, develop program materials, and participate in, or lead, command approved activities and programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531971600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.