The Office of Municipal Securities (OMS) coordinates the SEC's municipal securities activities and administers the Commission's rules pertaining to municipal securities brokers and dealers, municipal advisors, investors in municipal securities and municipal issuers. The Office advises the Commission on policy matters relating to the municipal bond market, and provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of major SEC initiatives in the municipal securities area.Learn more about this agency
OMS assists other Offices and Divisions on a wide array of municipal securities matters and works closely with the municipal securities industry to educate state and local officials and conduit borrowers about the Commission's rules. The Office reviews and processes MSRB rule filings and acts as the Commission's liaison with the MSRB, FINRA, and industry groups on municipal securities issue.
This position is located located in Washington, DC.
SK-13: $112,524 - $185,048
SK-14: $129,205 - $212,478
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing expert legal advice regarding legal and policy issues affecting municipal securities.
Typical Duties Include:
- Providing expert legal assistance and advice related to the activities of the Office of Municipal Securities, including one or more activities relating to the following: disclosure issues and other issues under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; registration of municipal advisors under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; oversight of and review of MSRB rulemakings; consultation with the Division of Enforcement on enforcement matters regarding municipal securities; market structure and price transparency matters regarding municipal securities; and addressing market developments regarding municipal securities generally;
- Analyzing and interpreting new and proposed legislation and implementing regulations;
- Assisting in the formulation of policy. Participating in the drafting of regulations, interpretive releases, and policy briefing materials for agency officials in the municipal securities area;
- Performing legal research and analysis to formulate and recommend legal courses of action on matters affecting municipal securities;
- Consulting with staff in other Offices and Divisions on issues involving municipal securities;
- Consulting with State and local government officials, Congressional staff, other Federal officials, and private sector professionals on matters affecting municipal securities; and
- Participating in policy briefings for agency officials. Assisting in preparation of testimony for Congressional hearings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531884200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.