Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-12, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4B which is generally equal to GS-12.Learn more about this agency
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. The first cut-off for review and referral of applications is 5/10/2019. Applications of qualified applicants received after the first cut-off date will be referred to the selecting official until the closing date or a selection is made.
You will report to MCC's Global Practice Leader for Environmental & Social Performance (ESP) and serve as a member of MCC's ESP Practice Unit. You will collaborate with MCC staff and partner country counterparts to help promote sound environmental and social performance of program activities and ensure compliance with MCC's environmental and social standards and guidelines. As a Program Officer you will:
- Provide technical and administrative support on the evaluation and management of environmental and social risks and performance of MCC-funded activities and help to identify opportunities for enhancing project design and implementation.
- Engage on key program development and implementation activities to help ensure that MCC-funded activities comply with host country laws and regulations, the MCC Environmental Guidelines and the International Finance Corporation's Environmental and Social Performance Standards.
- Review project-related documents (concept papers, feasibility studies, environmental and social assessments and management plans, consultant terms of reference, construction bidding documents, work plans, resettlement action plans and performance monitoring plans) to ensure environmental and social considerations are properly taken into account in the design, feasibility, implementation, timing, and budgets for MCC-funded activities.
- Undertake occasional site visits to partner countries in support of project development and implementation oversight to ensure sound environmental and social performance.
- Prepare and/or review terms of reference, budgets, timelines and cost estimates for international and domestic procurements services, and assist with the management of contractors, consultants, and inter-agency agreements.
- Support the development and completion of ESP Practice priorities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531883800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.